The mission of the Jefferson County School District and Oak Grove Elementary School is to be committed to teaching and learning for all.
The vision of the Jefferson County School District and Oak Grove Elementary School is to be characterized by the use of best practices resulting in effectively providing for the diverse needs of all learners.
- All students can learn.
- Each child has the ability and right to be a worthwhile contributor to society.
- Each child should be provided with a stable environment conducive to learning where the child will be stimulated, challenged, accepted, and disciplined.
- Students should acquire problem-solving and decision making skills in order to work cooperatively with peers and those in authority.
- The school is a reflection of the community and should facilitate extracurricular learning and enrichment as community needs dictate.
- Educators must accommodate various learning styles and provide experiences with new, innovative ideas and technology.
- An effective elementary school lays educational foundations for developing skills and initiative in each child to become an independent learner, able to live happily, effectively, and responsibly, in this rapidly changing, culturally diverse society.